FIVE WORDS POWERFUL MANTRA

 

About five years back, it happened in St. Joseph's church, Mira Road, Mumbai. That evening a friend of mine, much younger to me, saw me distressed, dejected and on the verge of depression. He rushed back to his flat and came back in a jiffy...with a beautifully written five word 'mantra'. I read it and, viola, my depression vanished. I am ever grateful to him.
 This free letter magic mantra has lifted me, boosted me for all these years. I have beautifully instilled it into the life stream of many, many of my counselees. 
But I was bent upon to find out the origin of it. Oh, I got the book containing the whole story. But halfway, I lost it. But the mantra helped me not get desperate. My niece got another just with the help of those five words. For months I postponed the write up of this story to a mythical tomorrow. Finally, here am I, with my sacrificial love offering to you: I have put it succinctly and succulently for you (It is very long article in the book). 
If this '5 words mantra' makes your life also lovingly liveable...so you will not be puffed and bloated when drowned in big gain, name and fame.... nor will you be deflated and drained when ignored...in pain and misery.... I am blessed, and I feel loved by you! 
AND THAT FIVE WORDS MANTRA IS..."this too shall pass away" 
The background story: 
Centuries back, so the legend goes, a king of the east, filthy rich, was tormented by worries and free-floating anxiety. He called all his wise men and requested them, "Give me some magic words which will alleviate my unidentifiable anxiety.
 Hundreds of suggestions later, a serene, simple man asked the king to engrave just five words on his ring. They did it at once and his agony vanished.
Just about a hundred years back, for Paul Hamilton Hayne, an American poet and writer, it was a serendipitous finding! He immortalized this legend with a soothing poem. 
This poem has given comfort to mentally disturbed, spiritually perturbed.... this poem has given 'never give up' injection to the servant leaders side-lined by the popularly famous and the mighty...this poem has green hope and focus to the worried mothers and frightened fathers...and aimless teens. This poem has given eschatological glimpses to the hidden cloistered nuns and unsung missionaries working in unknown villages....
 ...equally this poem and the five words mantra have enlightened those intoxicated with unlimited power and unquestioned authority...have shown the real purpose to the rotting wealthy.....and has given a purpose driven life to the epicureans! Many poets and philosophers have repeated these free words, sometimes claiming them as their own or with that, 'author unknown' caption....
 But today many have laminated this poem or at least the five words...Some carry it in their purse or keep it on their laptop table or nurse it under their pillow! 
Robert L. Stevenson was writhing in pain due to severe tuberculosis. These five words worked wonders. He could put the pain out of his mind and write his world-famous novels. He shared these words with his suffering friend William Henley, who in turn wrote the world-famous poem, "Invicus" (Unconquerable). 
Here I copy the poem of P.H. Hayne 
ART THOU IN MISERY, BROTHER? THEN I PRAY 
BE COMFORTED. THY GRIEF SHALL PASS AWAY. 
ART THOU ELATED? AH, BE NOT TOO GAY 
TEMPER THY JOY: THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS AWAY. 
ART THOU IN DANGER? STILL LET THE REASON SWAY, 
AND CLING TO HOPE: THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS AWAY. 
TEMPTED ART THOU? IN ALL THINE ANGUISH LAY 
ONE TRUTH TO HEART: THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS AWAY. 
DO RAYS OF LOFTIER GLORY ROUND THEE PLAY? 
KINGLIKE ART THOU? THIS, SHALL, PASS AWAY. 
WHATEVER THOU ART, WHEREVER THY FOOTSTEPS STRAY, 
HEED THESE WISE WORDS: this, too, shall pass away. 
My message: 
Dear... my dear friend/sister/brother/mom/dad/priest/men... 
No name or fame...no pain or gain....no rejection or dejection...no health or wealth...no power or pleasure can last forever. Whatever it may be...THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS AWAY...So cheer up...keep this under your pillow, read it when....!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LITTLE SPARROW BECOMES A REDEEMER!

You can study and you will after reading this!